Artists, Friends, Colleagues, and Arts Enthusiasts,
Many of you probably remember the “Think Pink” art exhibits that have been done in the past. This year, after some years hiatus, we are working on bringing back this popular fundraising event with a broader theme based not just on breast cancer awareness, but cancer awareness in general. The title/theme for this revised event is “Not Just Pink.”
As in the past, the show will be held in October. The venue this time will be the Whitney Center for the Arts.
Call for Artists: “Not Just Pink” @ the Whit
Artists are invited to submit work in all mediums to “Not Just Pink” (formerly “Think Pink”), an art exhibit and fundraiser for Moments House. Though not necessary, artists are encouraged to submit work that addresses cancer awareness.
The event is sponsored by the Berkshire Medical Center’s Breast Health Team, Berkshire Health Systems, and the Whitney Center for the Arts. The opening reception coincides with Pittsfield’s “First Fridays Artswalk”, and the exhibit will continue until the end of the month; the gallery will be open 12-4PM on Saturdays, during the extensive event schedule @ the Whit, and by appointment.
• The show is a juried show. Artists are invited to email one high resolution image of their work in any medium to Leo Mazzeo via: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Whit can accommodate very large work, so size, within reason, is generally not an issue. Please call Leo at 413-281-6665 for any questions.
• Please include title, size, medium, and price with submission.
• All work must be for sale with price included in the submission; 50% to Moments House, 30% to the artist, and 20% to the Whit.
• Submitted images may be used for promotional purposes.
• Jurors for the exhibit will be Whitney Center for the Arts Executive Director Ghazi Kazmi and Whitney Center for the Arts Gallery Manager/Curator Leo Mazzeo.
• Leo Mazzeo will curate the show.
• Deadline for submissions is August 26, midnight.
• Artwork must be delivered to the Whitney Center for the Arts on Saturday 9/30, 12-4PM, Sunday 10/1, 6-8PM; and Monday 10/2, 6-8PM.
October is traditionally Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We are expanding the scope of the event to bring attention to those with all types of cancer, as well as breast cancer. Moments House, located at 2 South Street, Pittsfield, MA is a non-profit gathering place for those fighting cancer, including their family and friends. People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome, from tiny tykes to the elderly.
Moments House provides comfort, information, and support for those confronting cancer “so no one faces cancer alone.”
The Berkshire Medical Center Breast Health Team: “Our mission is to educate, support, create awareness, and promote breast health.”
Please spread the word to all you think may be interested!